Monday, May 21, 2012

Charity Water

My dad recently had a huge work event for his company and guest speaker Scott Harrison spoke. Scott is the founder of Charity Water and i got the opportunity to spend some time with him. His story is simply amazing. As i sat there listening to him, i was in awe with what he has done. He is such an inspiration to me and i want to join him in helping solve the water crisis.
 





From this point on, i do not want to receive another birthday present. I want to help solve the worlds biggest crisis. Dirty water. I know i don't have a birthday until next year but instead of receiving, i want to give. Instead of getting a present, i will ask for a donation to help build a well.

This is what nine year old Rachel said,
On June 12th 2011, I'm turning 9. I found out that millions of people don't live to see their 5th birthday. And why? Because they didn't have access to clean, safe water so I'm celebrating my birthday like never before. I'm asking from everyone I know to donate to my campaign instead of gifts for my birthday. Every penny of the money raised will go directly to fund freshwater projects in developing nations. Even better, every dollar is "proved" when the projects are complete, and photos and GPS coordinates are posted using Google Earth. My goal is to raise $300 by my birthday, June 12, 2011. Please consider helping me.
Thank you so much!!!


Rachel ended up raising over 3,000 dollars. Can you imagine. For your ninth birthday...... raising over  3,000 dollars to help get clean water to those who don't have it.

I want to be apart of helping. I want to do something to save a child's life. My lifetime goal is to give up every birthday i have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment